Carrying the torch passed down by a long line of Sicilian nonne, I’ve been cooking since I was old enough to reach the countertop. I also lucked into another cooking tradition: an exchange student from Thailand lived with my family for four years, teaching me how to re-create authentic Thai dishes as well, which sometimes cross-pollinate with Italian ingredients. Never saying no to where my stomach leads me, I dabble in Mediterranean, Indian, California-inspired Mexican, and American comfort food, always falling back on the Sicilian delicacies that I love.
I maintain a sourdough culture and regularly bake bread, homebrew my own kombucha, mash my own Thai curry paste, extract my own cocktail syrups, and make my own cheese, ya know: all the hipster shit. I’ve posted hundreds of photos of my creations on Facebook and Instagram as well as a growing library of instructional videos and recipes.
Cucina Mia might be “my kitchen” but sharing my food and process with others brings me incredible joy.
Recent Posts in Cucina Mia
- Larb Ga (Thai lettuce wraps with chicken)
- Tonight’s craft cocktail
- Saturday Dinner
- House-pickled jalapeño sour boule
- Wild blueberry mojitos, bitch
- I must say #RoundTablePizza makes a pretty decent pie
- To make it easier to find my cooking tutorials, I’ve dropped them into a YouTube channel
- Caponata inspired by Delarosa, Manzanella olive loaf inspired by Tartine
- Giant artichokes!
- Tartine process works at 5000’ without any modifications!
- Pepperjack sour boules!